God Is My Co-Pilot-Songs of Praise (1991)


 

Artist: God Is My Co-Pilot


Label: The Making of Americans

Format: 7"

Cat:  none

Year of Release: 1991

Country and Year of Edition: US 1991 1/500 all copies marked this way

Date of Sale: 8/5/23

Sell Price: $4.98

Condition: VG+/VG+

Discogs Last Sold: 6/25/23 NM/VG+ $7.00

Low: $2.00

Median: $5.74

Average: $5.90

High: $10.00

Current low price: $8.00

Current Number on Sale at Discogs: 7

Have/Want: 101/65

Where Sold: San Marcos, CA

Time It Took To Sell:  8 years

Where and When Bought: Alston, MA In Your Ear $3.99

Gwiz-gau Letter Grade:  B

Sad To See It Go: No

Jazz-Noise punk God Is My Co-Pilot have been around the block  They cranked out a ton of releases in the 90's then fell off the face of the earth, only to emerge in about 2018.  I know cuz I booked a show with them at Hank's in Brooklyn!

Anyway, this very first release of a long journey I picked up around the time it came out.  I liked the caterwaul then a little more than now.  The B-side covers the standard first done by James Crawford as "Jock-A-Mo." They call it "Iko" instead of the more common "Iko Iko" that Dr. John or the Grateful Dead would use.  Then they take on Mingus "Better Get It In Yr Soul" from Mingus Ah Um.

As for the originals, the opener was the one I remember, "4 Steps Down The Road To Trouble."  A counting song.  "I Pulled Up To The Park" is short and sweet.

A good start, but I think I prefered the band live.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Byrds-Live At The Fillmore-February 1969 (2000)

Various Artists-Mojo Presents The Roots of Bob Dylan (2006)

Bob Dylan-New Morning (1970)