Simon & Garfunkel-Bridge Over Troubled Water (1970)


  

Artist: Simon & Garfunkel

2:50
Label: Columbia

Format: LP

Cat: KCS 9914

Year of Release: 1970

Country and Year of Edition: US 1970

Sell Price: $4.99 G+/G+ 4" square peel on cover 5/6/23

Discogs Last Sold: 5/6/23 VG+/NM $50.23

Low:$0.99

Median: $6.99

Average: $17,94

High: $77.94 M/NM

Current low price:  $1.00

Current Number on Sale at Discogs: 140

Have/Want: 26990/3357

Where Sold:  Charleston, SC

Time it Took to sell: 8 years

Where and When  Worcester Al Bums early 80's mother bought it used to replaced beat up copy

Gwiz-gau Letter Grade: A+

Sad To See It Go: No

"...and he carries the reminders/of every glove that laid him down/or cut him/til he cried out in his anger and his shame/"I am leaving"/"I am leaving"/but the fighter still remains..."

My first two albums of memory were this and the previous S&G album Bookends.  I'm pretty sure this was the first I remember even though I've always given Bookends a slight edge if I gotta choose.

Last week my friend Kevin was saying he somehow didn't know the album and was blown away by "Baby Driver."  He though it sounded like a proto Glam-Rock number of high quality.  I could only nod my head as this album is so familiar to me I've lost any sense of critical ability to discuss it.

That said, what made me love this album as a 2 or 3 year old was not the title track.  A later day S&G production had alot going on.  Sound effects, echos, live cheering (the Every Brothers cover "Bye Bye Love").  I wouldn't even say "Bridge.." the song is the prettiest.  For me that would go to the closer "Song For The Asking."  The best track?  In my humble opinion it's "The Boxer."

He still remains.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Various Artists-Mojo Presents The Roots of Bob Dylan (2006)

Bob Dylan-New Morning (1970)

Deep Purple-Stormbringer (1974)