Eleventh Dream Day-Makin' Like A Rug (1993)

3:24

Artist: Eleventh Dream Day

Title: Makin' Like A Rug

Label: Atlantic

Format: CD

Cat: PRCD 4978-2

Year of Release: 1993

Country and Year of Edition: US 1993 Promo

Sell Price: $3.49 VG+/VG+ 4/23/23

Discogs Last Sold: 7/4/22 VG+/NM $3.85

Low:$1.27

Median: $3.67

Average: $3.42

High: $5.05

Current low price: $1.99

Current Number on Sale at Discogs: 6

Have/Want:  10/7

Where Sold:  Birmingham, AL

Time it took to sell: 11 years

Where and When  promo from friend at Atlantic

Gwiz-gau Letter Grade: B-

Sad To See It Go: No

One of those cd in a jewel case with only a back panel single promos that were the bane of DJ's in the second half of the 80's and 90's.  This one made it's way to me when my friend was working at Atlantic.  This was an advance of Eleventh Dream Day's El Moodio album with it's decidedly non-hit single "Makin' Like A Rug" repeated with a demo version that essentially sounds the same as the beefed up produced one.

This isn't a slag on Eleventh Dream Day, I liked this band and had bought their prior couple albums but somehow never got El Moodio or anything after that.  For that matter, I didn't have their first two indie records either although Prairie School Freakout was always on my "list."  It just never made it's way into my collection.

As for this one, I didn't remember it at all from back then when I was actively DJ'ing, didn't buy the album it came from, didn't see the band live in this era and didn't feel like I was worse off in life for that lack of commitment though I was quite willing to give it a spin or two.

Sorta like Frank to Francis in the lyric.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Various Artists-Mojo Presents The Roots of Bob Dylan (2006)

Bob Dylan-New Morning (1970)

Deep Purple-Stormbringer (1974)