Tiger Army-Tiger Army (1999)


 

Artist: Tiger Army

Title: Tiger Army

Label: Hellcat

Format: CD

Cat: 80421-2

Year of Release: 1999

Country and Year of Edition: US 1999

Sell Price: $2.99 VG+/VG+ 3/19/23

Discogs Last Sold: 2/20/23 VG+/VG+ $3.00

Low:$0.99 12/1/20 VG/VG

Median: $3.99

Average: $4.61

High: $13.83 1/6/23 M/M

Current low price: $2.98

Current Number on Sale at Discogs: 28

Have/Want: 520/53

Where Sold: Palmdale, CA

Time it took to sell: 2 years

Where and When  given in discarded cd collection

Gwiz-gau Letter Grade: C

Sad To See It Go: No

Tiger Army are one of those Warped Tour bands I completely ignored their entire quarter century plus existence.  They are still going today I assume,  with their last album in 2019.  That I knew absolutely nothing about this band on first listen made two thoughts come to mind while listening.  The first is there was active slap bass.  The second was there were lots of Misfits style moaning and groaning.

Given they were on Hellcat, the label I associated with Rancid (it was an Epitaph subsidiary co-owned by Tim Armstrong), I was expecting audience pleasing modern punk rock and I got it is guess.  There are nice little rockabilly flourishes outside of the slap in "Never Die" or "Outlaw Hearts."

So Dude, what's your problem?  Well, I guess there's a little too much Jekyll and Hyde of the familiar and only youth (on this release anyway) seems to be the new angle.  But since this was a 90's band, I gotta get it out of my head that they are a "young, forward thinking new band."  Psychobilly and they can cover "Twenty Flight Rock" without irony, so I can't say they suck.  I'll guess they are probably good live for them to do what they do in competition of many other bands who slick back their hair, carry a wallet chain, tattoo a 13 or a deck of cards, and maybe, just maybe, have some goth-punk guy with eyeliner.  Nah, that's pushin' it. 

Establishment rebels influenced by the established, for what that's worth.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Byrds-Live At The Fillmore-February 1969 (2000)

Bob Dylan-New Morning (1970)

Various Artists-Mojo Presents The Roots of Bob Dylan (2006)