Thee Stash-Should I Stay Or Should I Go b/w (We're) Selling Jeans For The USA (1991)


 

Artist: Thee Stash

Title: Should I Stay Or Should I Go b/w (We're) Selling Jeans For The USA

Label: Shakin' Street Records    

Format: 7"

Cat: YEAH-HUP-022

Year of Release:1991

Country and Year of Edition: UK 1991

Sell Price: $5.99 12/19/22  VG+/VG

Discogs Last Sold: 12/11/22 VG+/VG+ $6.38

Low:$3.01

Median: $5.99

Average: $5.98

High: $8.50

Current low price: $5.32

Current Number on Sale at Discogs: 9

Have/Want: 211/56

Where Sold: Middletown, MD

Time it took to sell:  8 years

Where and When Purchased:  earlly 90's In Your Ear $3.99 sticker still on it

Gwiz-gau Letter Grade: B-

Sad To See It Go: No

One of an endless parade of Billy Childish releases on par with The Fall or Guided By Voices in terms of sheer volume of catalog.  This one was a tongue in cheek knock on the Clash.  When Get Hip got around to issuing this in the US in 1992 the A-side was retitled with the revised chorus, "Should I Suck Or Should I Blow."

The original UK single that I bought had the labels on the wrong side, but that didn't make make things any more collectable.  Thee Stash remakes the Clash anthems into anti-corporate missives taking on Epic and Levi's who used the A-side for a commercial.  A fun little joke record that you play once and file away.  I didn't even notice the jeans ad, so when this came out I didn't internalize the joke, but it makes more sense when all is revealed.

Good clean fun even when sucking and blowing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Byrds-Live At The Fillmore-February 1969 (2000)

Bob Dylan-New Morning (1970)

Various Artists-Mojo Presents The Roots of Bob Dylan (2006)