Arcade Fire-The Suburbs (2010)


 

Artist: Arcade Fire

Title: The Suburbs

Label: Merge

Format: CD

Cat: MRG 385

Year of Release: 2010

Country and Year of Edition: US 2010 cream cover version

Listed Condition: VG+/VG+ 

Sell Date: 5/16//22

Sell Price: $4.99

Discogs Last Sold: 7/29/22 VG+/VG+ $3.00

Low: $1.00

Median: $4.00

Average: $4.70

High: $9.99

Current low price:$3.35

Current Number on Sale at Discogs: 14

Have/Want: 632/216

Where Sold: Redlands, CA

Time it took to sell: 2 years

Where and When Bought: The Fountain Collection

Gwiz-gau Letter Grade: B-

Sad To See It Go: No

We are in the dog days of Summer where sales have been at a crawl, so I'm going back to titles that I skipped for one reason or another over recent months.  The third Arcade Fire album sold in a group of newish indie rock titles last May.  This particular release was given to me by Fountain, purging some CD's the local store wouldn't take before leaving NYC for NC. Merge territory that issued this band from Montreal.

I didn't know Arcade Fire released The Suburbs with various color tints on the cover.  This one was "cream" and there were 7 other catalog numbers with different colors.  Although it won Grammy Album of The Year in 2011, I managed to never hear a note of this until yesterday.  I bought their debut, Funeral in 2004 when it came out and that was it for me.  I managed not only not to hear The Suburbs, not hear of the title and not know it won a major Grammy.  How's that for blissful ignorance?

So after a couple listens, I'm starting to get a feel for the music and even have some songs I like (!).  Betcha didn't see that coming!  I know I didn't, as I doubt I remembered a note from the Arcade Fire album I actually bought and listened to.  

The song of the record for me is "Empty Room"  sung--I believe by Régine Chassagne and not Win Butler.  "Sprawl II (Mountains Beyond Mountains)" was the other one I liked and the band thought enough of it to make a video of it beyond a "lyric video."    I guess "Suburban War" was the other for paraphrasing "Police Story" by Black Flag to bemoan music tribes.   

Oh the blissful, boring days of 2010.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Byrds-Live At The Fillmore-February 1969 (2000)

Bob Dylan-New Morning (1970)

Various Artists-Mojo Presents The Roots of Bob Dylan (2006)