Anastasia Screamed-Electric Liz (1988)


 

Artist: Anastasia Screamed

Title: Electric Liz

Sun Celebration/Now/I Am (A Horse You Are)/Augusta Furnace/D.A.

Label: Killing Floor

Format: 12' EP

Cat: KFR 01

Year of Release: 1988

Country and Year of Edition: US 1988

Listed Condition: VG+/VG+

Sell Date: 8/9/22

Sell Price: $4.99

Discogs Last Sold: 1/28/21 NM/NM $4.82

Low: $2.00

Median: $4.99

Average: $5.20

High: $10.19

Current low price:$3.83

Current Number on Sale at Discogs: 18

Have/Want: 107/13

Where Sold:  Lexington, KY

Time it took to sell: 7 years

Where and When Bought: Newbury Comics Boston new 1988 $7.99 range

Gwiz-gau Letter Grade: A

Sad To See It Go: Yes


Anastasia Screamed was a Boston band I liked quite a bit, discovering them off college radio early on in my time in Boston.  I was looking up whatever happened to the singer since Anastasia Screamed fell off the face of the earth fairly fast though I bought the next CD and they had another after that.  Little did I know that not only did I see his next band Scarce regularly in the early 90's, knew about his cerebral hemorrhage and even saw his reunion of Scarce with my friend Joe Prop drumming.  All that time I didn't realize that Chick Graning had a prior musical life with long hair and a voice out of early Replacements/Squirrel Bait.  Chick had a higher voice and shorter hair in Scarce, he looked like a 70's rock n' roller in Anastasia Screamed.

Only two  songs can be streamed, so i'm a bit bummed this only went for $5.  Side 1 had my absolute favorite track, the 85% intro (think "Durango 95" by the Ramones only different) into a chorus "I Am (A Horse You Are).  What a great song!  John Peel loved it to, and I managed to find the song with his intro.  Too bad you can only hear 2 of 5 excellent songs, but I can only tell you buy it for the rest.

Definitely one of the great, underrated Boston bands of the late 80's/early 90's.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Byrds-Live At The Fillmore-February 1969 (2000)

Bob Dylan-New Morning (1970)

Various Artists-Mojo Presents The Roots of Bob Dylan (2006)