The Obvious-Home (1987)


 

Artist: The Obvious

Title: Home

Home/Black and White/Suicidal Anne/Sold Out/77/Home (Radio Edit)

Label:  I Wanna Records

Format: 12" EP

Cat: IW 002

Year of Release: 1987

Country and Year of Edition: US 1987

Listed Condition: VG+/VG+ 

Sell Date: 7/11/22

Sell Price: $3.99

Discogs Last Sold:2/26/22 VG+/VG $5.00

Low: $0.97

Median: $4.02

Average: $4.08

High: $9.99

Current low price:$3.02

Current Number on Sale at Discogs: 16

Have/Want: 68/5

Where Sold: Las Vegas, NV

Time it took to sell: 7 years

Where and When Bought: Boston Nuggets used early 90's under $5

Gwiz-gau Letter Grade: A-

Sad To See It Go: No


I had a rare 3 out of 4 record return from a disgruntled buyer that claimed a gouged single and 2 others warped beyond playability including this one.  Odd since the two warped records in question were fine headphone listens, so I'm a little curious to see the USPS handiwork in July months when this gets returned for refund.  Hyperbole or high heat or extreme weight damage?  We shall see if what I get back is indeed "unplayable garbage."

Anyway l I had this prepped to write about a few days ago, so I see no good reason not to write about it anyway.  The Obvious EP was definitely a radio airplay favorite of mine for two songs.  The title track opens and closes with a "radio friendly version" replacing "home shitty home" with "home pretty home."  The other, which I forgot about until this recent listen was "Suicidal Anne."  I have a weird memory of coming on after a DJ that was SINGING ALONG with this song.  I think it was a guy named Norm, but I'm not 100% on this.

The other 3 songs on the ep were pleasant buzzsaw punk, more poppy than hardcore.  Still, it was considered fringe stuff at the time.  I never followed the band outside this 12" and found it for a couple dollars in the bins at my Boston local hang Nuggets in the early 90's.  Until today, I never knew The Obvious had a 1993 full length CD entitled Rock and Roll In The BIg City before calling it a day.

To be played with the flattest source possible.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Byrds-Live At The Fillmore-February 1969 (2000)

Bob Dylan-New Morning (1970)

Various Artists-Mojo Presents The Roots of Bob Dylan (2006)