Sleepyhead-Play b/w Too Much Fun (1990)


Artist: Sleepyhead

Title: Play b/w Too Much Fun

Label: Picture Book

Format:  7"

Cat  007

Year of Release: 1990

Country and Year of Edition Issue: US 1990

Listed Condition: VG+/VG+

Sell Date: 5/24/22

Sell Price: $2.99

Discogs Last Sold: 12/12/21 M/NM $5.00

Low: $1.99 VG+/VG+

Median: $3.00

Average: $3.29

High:$5.37

Current low price:$2.15 NM/NM

Current Number on Sale at Discogs:19

Have/Want: 144/26

Where Sold: New Maplewood, NJ

Time it took to sell: 7 years

Where and When Bought: Boston Newbury Comics $3.99 new early 90's

Gwiz-gau Letter Grade: B+

Sad To See It Go: No

First, Kramer-recorded single produced by the NYC band that made it to Homestead Records by the mid-90's.  Two of them became a married couple and relocated to Boston where they have kept the band active.  Their website says a 2021 recording is complete.

In it's day I liked this perky single, although today is sounds too fast and very young.  That's usually not a complaint of mine, it's just how I remembered "Play" in my head.  Not having actively listened to the song in a few decades made my brain slow it down to the point I thought maybe I should have put it on 45 when the opening lick kicked in.

Trying to remember what motivated me to buy this and I remember nothing, but I did like this debut, though it wasn't enough to follow the band into more successful years.

Sometimes one record is enough, even if it's good.
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bob Dylan-Masterpieces (1978)

Bob Dylan-Real Live (1984)

Bob Dylan-Street-Legal (1978)