Missing Persons-Destination Unknown b/w No Way Out (1982)




3:32

Artist:  Missing Persons

Title:  Destination Unknown b/w No Way Out

Label:  Capitol

Format: 7"

Cat: B-5161

Year of Release: 1982

Country and Year of Edition: US 1982 generic Capitol sleeve

Listed Condition: VG/generic

Sell Date: 6/21/22

Sell Price: $2.99

Discogs Last Sold: 5/10/22 M//NM $4.99

Low: $0.99

Median: $4.86

Average: $4.78

High: $10.00

Current low price:$2.00

Current Number on Sale at Discogs: 14

Have/Want: 272/60

Where Sold: Newburgh, NY

Time it took to sell: 7 years

Where and When Bought: Worcester, Strawberries brand new

Gwiz-gau Letter Grade: A

Sad To See It Go: No

In 1982 I was 11 or 12 and liked this hit fine.  Paper route money was a premium so I bought the single brand new and taped the other Spring Session M hits off of the radio.  Perky new wave, and I didn't love the other hits like "Words" or "Walking In LA" as much.  But, for some reason, "Destination Unknown" moved me, and I like the song to this day.

"No Way Out" didn't get much play from me and I barely remembered it, but I enjoyed the spritely new wave and better drumming from Terry Bozzio. than has any right to be on a early 80's new rock record.

This was old guard in that wave of new wave.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Byrds-Live At The Fillmore-February 1969 (2000)

Various Artists-Mojo Presents The Roots of Bob Dylan (2006)

Bob Dylan-New Morning (1970)