John Lennon "Mother" b/w Yoko Ono "Why" (1970)


 

Artist: John Lennon/Yoko Ono

Title: Mother b/w Why?

Label: Apple

Format: 7"

Cat # AR-2734

Year of Release: 1970

Country and Year of Edition Issue: Japan Reissue early 80's

Listed Condition: VG+/VG+

Sell Date: 5/6/22

Sell Price: $5.99

Discogs Last Sold: 5/6/22 VG/NM $4.49

Low: $4.44

Median: $8.76

Average: $8.91

High:$15.00

Current low price:$3.92

Current Number on Sale at Discogs:19

Have/Want: 112/37

Where Sold: Pasadena, CA

Time it took to sell: 7 years

Where and When Bought: Beatles fair or Al Bums Worcester early 80's

Gwiz-gau Letter Grade: A+

Sad To See It Go: No

We are a day after Mother's Day when this will go up, so let's not get maudlin. I had my funny Mother's Day memory in the Phil Ochs write up just under the wire.   Save that for John's Janov infused masterpiece from his A+ album I wrote about last year.

I have another funny story about the Yoko B-side, which is my favorite Yoko track.  The blood curdling "Why?"  I actually got to meet Yoko for 2 seconds when I was interning at Ryko in a line procession for her Onobox Party they were doing for the box retrospective.  When you have 2 seconds, you want to say something funny and move on, so I said "Why?" was my teenage anthem!  I got an actual laugh and moved on, as you do in a line procession when meeting a dignitary.  I was hoping to get the official tour at the Dakota but that wasn't in the cards, so I can go to my grave knowing I made good use of my two seconds.

To quote another song on her Plastic Ono Band album, "Why Not?"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Byrds-Live At The Fillmore-February 1969 (2000)

Various Artists-Mojo Presents The Roots of Bob Dylan (2006)

Bob Dylan-New Morning (1970)