Deep Purple-Made In Japan (1972)


 

Artist: Deep Purple

Title: Made In Japan

Label: Warner Bros.

Format: 2LP

Cat #  2WS-2701

Year of Release: 1972

Country and Year of Edition Issue: US 1973 gatefold

Listed Condition: VG/VG

Sell Date: 5/7/22

Sell Price: $8.99 

Discogs Last Sold: 5/2/22 G+/VG $8.50

Low: $6.90

Median: $11.43

Average: $12.96

High:$28.00

Current low price:$10.00

Current Number on Sale at Discogs:10

Have/Want: 732/159

Where Sold: Miami, FL

Time it took to sell: 7 years

Where and When Bought: Al Bums Worcester early 80's used $7.99 range

Gwiz-gau Letter Grade: A-

Sad To See It Go: No

I'm saying the same thing about Made In Japan as Bursting Out, yesterday's double live write up.  I tend not to gravitate to live records.   However, Made In Japan captures the band at the end of it's peak period so you really can't go wrong with any of these 7 performances.  Putting in a vinyl listen and another stream as I write this, I'm upgrading my rating to the A tier.    It was the sort of thing that made a 14 year old me stand in the cold when they reformed for tickets that sold out before I could get them after I waited since 5 am.  My feet were bouncing from being encased in a January freezing wait and I'll never forget the feeling of my feet bouncing on the ticketless walk back home passing a scalper that wanted FORTY bucks each.   Fortunately, a second night went on sale and I got to see the Perfect Strangers tour in the nosebleeds, complete with an In Rock backdrop during "Child In Time." You get some weird flourishes with "Smoke On The Water" that you otherwise never think of hearing the studio one ad infinitum.  

"Child In Time" elongated is probably the best thing on this.  Everything else is great I just hold Machine Head, In Rock and Fireball in higher regard for the Purple catalog.

The Gillan years.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Various Artists-Mojo Presents The Roots of Bob Dylan (2006)

Bob Dylan-New Morning (1970)

The Byrds-Live At The Fillmore-February 1969 (2000)