Cream-Cream (1974)


 

Artist: Cream

Title: Cream

Label: Polydor

Format:  LP

Cat  2384 067

Year of Release: 1974

Country and Year of Edition Issue: UK reissue Polydor Standard series

Listed Condition: VG+/VG+

Sell Date: 5/27/22

Sell Price: $6.99

Discogs Last Sold: 4/30/22 VG+/VG+ $9.00

Low: $3.69 VG/VG

Median: $8.08

Average: $8.03

High:$15.05

Current low price:$5.06

Current Number on Sale at Discogs:49

Have/Want: 690/203

Where Sold: New Matamoras, OH

Time it took to sell: 7 years

Where and When Bought: Al Bums Worcester used $3.99 early 80's

Gwiz-gau Letter Grade: A-

Sad To See It Go: No

A 70's midline reissue of the 1966 debut Fresh Cream adding on the "Wrapping Paper"/"Cat's Squirrel" single for good measure.  Not really much to complain about here.

For me the best are "Sweet Wine," the Skip James cover “I'm So Glad," Baker's closing workout, "Toad"  and the opener, "N.S.U."  So that leaves everything else to make me realize I never had the full on start-to-finish love for Fresh Cream the way I did Disraeli Gears or maybe even Wheels of Fire.   I'm would always chastise a weight gain singing "I'm So Fat" to the tune of "I'm So Glad."  More information that you need to know, but the parody still goes through my head more than the actual lyric in the voice of Jack Bruce not Skip James.  

Da Blooze is represented by "Spoonful" and "Sleepy Time Time" which was co-written by Bruce's wife Janet Godfrey.   Muddy Waters "Rollin' and Tumblin'" as well.  

Top flight for sure, but clearly they were on the way up.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Byrds-Live At The Fillmore-February 1969 (2000)

Various Artists-Mojo Presents The Roots of Bob Dylan (2006)

Bob Dylan-New Morning (1970)