Various Artists-The Bob No. 38 Flexi (1990)


 

Artist: Pixies/Sex Clark Five/When People Were Shorter and Lived Near The Water

Title: The Bob No. 38

Label: The Bob Magazine/Eva-Tone Soundsheets

Format: 7" flexi

Cat #: 
106193-1ABS

Year of Release: 1990

Country and Year of Edition Issue: US 1990 with #38 issue of The Bob magazine

Listed Condition: VG/no cover

Sell Date: 3/24/22

Sell Price: $2.99

Discogs Last Sold: 3/22/22 $3.31 NM/NM

Low: $1.99

Median: $3.00

Average: $3.92

High: $10.00

Current low price: $3.00

Current Number on Sale at Discogs: 24

Have/Want: 202/79

Where Sold: Taunton, MA

Time it took to sell: 7 years

Where and When Bought: in magazine when it came out probably Newbury Comics in Boston

Gwiz-gau Letter Grade: B-

Sad To See It Go: No

Nothing like a flexi that comes in a magazine to file amongst the singles.   Although I kept large stacks of magazine back issues into the aughts, once I lost a 2 1/2 bedroom apartment for the cheap, I had to do some serious consolidation.  In the pre-internet era, I would maintain "libraries" as best I could, but sadly space is a premium in NYC and just maintaining baseline storage for shit I can't have no room for in my current living space is expense enough.

This single was a nice 3-track freebee.  The A-side was a live recording of the Pixies on their way up with a live version of "Gouge Away" recorded at the Chicago Metro.  The b-side currently can't be streamed and they are both covers.  Sex Clark Five from Alabama do a percussively loud version of T Rex's "Jeepster."   When People Were Shorter And Lived Near The Water take on Kiki Dee Band's "I Got The Music In Me" which was inescapable a couple years before she dueted with Elton John "Don't Go Breaking My Heart."  WOWSALNTW were one of those NYC Shimmy Disc bands that clogged every college radio stations new release bin every once and again.  Since I generally liked and bought Shimmy Disc in it's day, they were worth checking out much like a second tier band on SST was.

Somebody wanted this stuff in 2022, but I bet it was for Pixies completion if I was to wager.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Byrds-Live At The Fillmore-February 1969 (2000)

Various Artists-Mojo Presents The Roots of Bob Dylan (2006)

Bob Dylan-New Morning (1970)