Joan Jett And The Blackhearts-I Love Rock 'n'Roll b/w You Don't Know What You've Got (1982)


 

Artist: Joan Jett and the Blackhearts

Title: I Love Rock 'n Roll b/w You Don't Know What You've Got

Label: Boardwalk

Format: 7"

Cat #: NB7-11-135

Year of Release: 1982

Country and Year of Edition Issue: US 1982

Listed Condition: VG/VG

Sell Date: 4/22/22

Sell Price: $2.99

Discogs Last Sold: 4/23/22 VG/Gen $0.75

Low: $0.75

Median: $2.99

Average: $3.16

High:$6.99

Current low price:$0.50

Current Number on Sale at Discogs: 47

Have/Want: 1193/141

Where Sold: Washington, DC

Time it took to sell: 7 years

Where and When Bought: Worcester Strawberries new 1982 before my birthday in May when I got the album

Gwiz-gau Letter Grade: A

Sad To See It Go: No

Joan Jett (or Jo-Anne Jett, as my friend John would emphatically pronounce) was a pre-teen fave of mine.  In fact, I got the album that spawned this hit as a 12th birthday gift.  Not quite knee-deep in paper route money, I bought this 7" even though the album was out;  I'm glad I did.

The B-side, a live rendition of Bad Reputation's "You Don't Know What You've Got" is an ass kicker in any era.   Somehow, it took me until the 90's to get a CD copy used.  Probably the only reason I never had my own copy was John would take it in a crate to our radiio show every week, so it was like I had it myself since it was spun almost as often as a new release for most of our second-half-of-the-80's programming.

Alan Merrill, who wrote the A-side and released the A-side with his band The Arrows, in recent years was an East Village mainstay that could often be found at Sidewalk Cafe or performance venues of that ilk.  Like David Peel, he was an old school , accessible, neighborhood celebrity that kept doing his thing until the end.

He passed of COVID in March of 2020.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Byrds-Live At The Fillmore-February 1969 (2000)

Various Artists-Mojo Presents The Roots of Bob Dylan (2006)

Bob Dylan-New Morning (1970)