Pelican-March Into The Sea (2005)


 

Artist: Pelican

Title: March Into The Sea

March Into The Sea//Angel Tears (JK Broaderick Remix)

Label: Hydra Head

Format: CD EP

Cat #: HH-666-84

Year of Release: 2005

Country and Year of Edition Issue: US 2005

Listed Condition: VG+/VG+

Sell Date: 3/21/22

Sell Price: $4.99

Discogs Last Sold: 1/4/22 $3.99

Low: $2.00

Median: $5.24

Average: $5.41

High: $10.00

Current low price: $2.18

Current Number on Sale at Discogs: 25

Have/Want: 647/58

Where Sold: Lancaster, OH

Time it took to sell:  1 1/2 years

Where and When Bought: given from The Fountain Collection

Gwiz-gau Letter Grade: B

Sad To See It Go: No

Pelican were one of my personal favorite bands from the turn of the aughts.  They followed in the instrumental "post-rock" realm that bands like Don Caballero and The Fucking Champs forged before them.

So you get lots of punishment.  Repetition.  Riffing. Changing.  Repeating some more.  I'm amazed I stopped after the first two releases.  They've been still going at least until 2019, but I stopped following them after the first couple full lenghts.  My friend Jimmy was also into this level of punishment rock and clearly held a little beyond me to buy this EP.

While this song is an epic 20:28, when it came out a year later on The Fire In Our Throats Will Beckon The That at a mere  11:37.  While  the thought came to me the track may need some judicious editing, upon listing to it another time tonight I really don't want this track cut down. 

The original "Angel Tears" was found on the last Pelican album I bought, 2003's Australasia.  I have no recollection playing that one compared the many times the first one was played a couple years before.  I have to say by this point, I started thinking of other things during the remix.

Seeming like a band I'm due to check out for the first time in 20 years. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Byrds-Live At The Fillmore-February 1969 (2000)

Bob Dylan-New Morning (1970)

Various Artists-Mojo Presents The Roots of Bob Dylan (2006)