Little Feat-Waiting For Columbus (1978)


 

Artist: Little Feat

Title: Waiting For Columbus

Label: Warner Bros.

Format: 2XLP

Cat #: 2BS 3140

Year of Release: 1978

Country and Year of Edition Issue: US 1978 Los Angeles Pressing ("Trees")

Listed Condition: G+/VG

Sell Date: 12/15/21

Sell Price: $9.99

Discogs Last Sold:12/14/21 VG+/VG $21.00

Low: $5.00 VG+/VG

Median: $15.00

Average: $17.29

High: $70.00 VG+/VG+ top copy close to near mint

Current low price: $11.89 VG/G+

Current Number on Sale at Discogs: 30

Have/Want: 5672/394

Where Sold: Ojai, CA

Time it took to sell: 6 years

Where and When Bought: $5 box of records, Worcester, That's Entertainment early 80's

Gwiz-gau Letter Grade: B+

Sad To See It Go: No

Waiting For Columbus was a double live record recorded in 1977 either in Washington, DC or London.  I got this record in a $5 box of subpar shape vinyl in the 80's at Worcester's That's Entertainment.  The owner drove me back admonishing me saying "I don't want to see any of these come back!"  Funny thing was, the 100 records in the box had quite a bit of clean plays even though sometimes, as in this case, the vinyl looked worse than it was.   The Last Record Album was also in the same box.

At some point after  I got Sailin' Shoes, which remains my favorite.   Dixie Chicken and the Hoy Hoy compilation I didn't get until the later 80's on CD and the first one I found in the dollar bin in Boston around that time also.  Waiting For Columbus covers alot of ground that I ignored otherwise, and listening to this era of the Feat took a little adjusting as they were a full on Southern Rock jam band with horns in this era.  Time Loves A Hero was an album I never had and that was the album these dates were supporting.  The title track, "Rocket In My Pocket," and "Old Folks Boogie" come from here.  I didn't have Feats Don't Fail Me Now either and that has "Oh Atlanta" and "Spanish Moon."  I guess those are albums from Lowell George's lifetime I need to revisit.

You do get yer "Willin'" and "Tripe Face Boogie" and  a slower stretched out "Sailin' Shoes" and of course "Dixie Chicken" from the classic early albums.  You also get the Fraternity of Man cover of "Don't Bogart Me" which was later corrected to "Don't Bogart That Joint" once Little Feat used that title.

The more time you spend with it, the better this album is.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Various Artists-Mojo Presents The Roots of Bob Dylan (2006)

Bob Dylan-New Morning (1970)

The Byrds-Live At The Fillmore-February 1969 (2000)