Happy Flowers-My Skin Covers My Body (1987)


 

Artist: Happy Flowers

Title: My Skin Covers My Body

Label: Homestead

Format: LP

Cat #: HMS085

Year of Release: 1987
 
Country and Year of Edition Issue: US 1987

Listed Condition: VG+/G+ 
Water damage 3” x 1” sleeve and insert

Sell Date: 9/19/21

Sell Price: $6.99

Discogs Last Sold:8/12/21 $13.68 NM/NM

Low: $6.00 VG+/VG

Median: $8.00

Average: $9.06

High: $13.68 NM/NM

Current low price: $5.00 VG/VG+

Current Number on Sale at Discogs: 16

Have/Want: 340/155

Where Sold: Baltimore, MD

Time it took to sell: 5 years

Where and When Bought: Worcester Al Bums New 1987

Gwiz-gau Letter Grade: B

Sad To See It Go: No

I first discovered Happy Flowers on the God's Favorite Dog compilation Touch n' Go put out.  My favorite cut contending with the Buttholes & Big Black was "All I Got Were Clothes For Xmas."  No toys! 

While time has diminished the Happy Flowers in terms start to finish listenability, there are still plenty of classics to be had.  My radio airplay hits of yore were "Mom I Gave The Cat Some Acid," "Left Behind," "Jenny Tried To Kiss Me At Recess," "Why Didn't You Tell Me You Were Bringing Home A Baby" and of course the "Not Fade Away" cover demanding Ice cream instead of love.

So while the bi-octave screaming and non-instrumentation can wear on you for nearly 40 minutes, the comedy brings out an occasional chuckle.

Good, even excellent, in 3 minute doses.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Various Artists-Mojo Presents The Roots of Bob Dylan (2006)

Bob Dylan-New Morning (1970)

Deep Purple-Stormbringer (1974)