Beat Happening-Nancy Sin b/w Left Behind (1991)


 

Artist: Beat Happening

Title:  Nancy Sin b/w Left Behind

Label: Sub Pop

Format: 7"

Cat #: SP 2000

Year of Release: 1991

Country and Year of Edition Issue: US 1991 3,500 pressing promo

Listed Condition: VG+/generic

Sell Date: 8/27/21

Sell Price: $3.49

Discogs Last Sold: 6/2/21 $3.50

Low: $2.00

Median: $2.99

Average: $3.18

High: $6.50

Current low price: $1.49

Current Number on Sale at Discogs: 10

Have/Want: 316/50

Where Sold: Lawndale, CA

Time it took to sell: 6 years

Where and When Bought: free promo in Sub Pop singles club mailing

Gwiz-gau Letter Grade: B+  

Sad To See It Go: No

This came as a freebee in the mail from the Sub Pop Singles Club before the Dreamy full length came out.  I liked Beat Happening fine, and bought Dreamy brand new on CD.  I also had the K addition of this A-side before this came in the mail.  

"Nancy Sin" was a memorable Calvin Johnson number up there with "Black Candy."  Over the years their records were hit and miss but this one I remember as a solid listen.  Heather Lewis' B-side is what you'd expect from the twee pop era.

It’s funny there were some Beat Happening releases that straight up bored me, like the 1983-1985 compilation and the EP with the Screaming Trees, whose every release I worshiped.  I'm trying to remember where I actually witnessed Beat Happening live.  I'm guessing Middle East Upstairs in October 1988.

Maybe I'll give it another watch!

ED NOTE: Well after a few songs in, I remember why I liked them live.  The controlled baritone spastic.  Seems legit art, not a pose for popularity.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Various Artists-Mojo Presents The Roots of Bob Dylan (2006)

Bob Dylan-New Morning (1970)

Deep Purple-Stormbringer (1974)