Dogbowl-Tit (An Opera) (1989)


 Artist: Dogbowl

Title: Tit (An Opera)

Label: Shimmy Disc

Format: LP

Cat #: Shimmy -0000000000000000000000023

Year of Release: 1989

Country and Year of Edition Issue: US 1989

Listed Condition: VG+/VG hole punch in upper right corner

Sell Date: 7/27/21

Sell Price: $10.99.

Discogs Last Sold: 6/7/21

Low:$5.56 VG/VG

Median: $11.85

Average: $11.70

High: $16.65

Current low price: $7.00 VG+/G+

Current Number on Sale at Discogs: 9

Have/Want: 210/64

Where Sold:Milwaukee, WI

Time it took to sell: 5 years

Where and When Bought: promo for review

Gwiz-gau Letter Grade: B

Sad To See It Go: No

The Kramer Kult went far and wide as he cranked out records on Shimmy Disc out of his Noise studios from the late 80's into the 90's before the Knitting Factory scrarfed up the company for catalogue in the early aughts.  I think I heard Kramer moved on to sellling real estate.

Dogbowl the man was one of the lesser lights, and this 1989 album was handed to me by Steve of Cut zine for review.  I can't remember what I wrote but I'm guessing I gave it a B- back then.  The record had the looks of promo vinyl in pristine condition, played once for review and filed away.

Upon further review and a couple spins, I found the loose "opera" enjoyable.  Some sort of loose psychosexual evolutionary tale.  The best cuts for me were "Obsessed With Girls" and "Sex Gorilla."  More theme than individual tributaries like "Anastasia" or "Krystellina."  My favorite track is at the end of side one entitled "Growing Up In A Wheelchair."  

The era of artful adult indie psychedelia seems to be a time gone by, exlusive to people born in the late 50's to maybe late 60's, cutting off with my generation in 1970.  

Art for arts sake back when it could exist.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Byrds-Live At The Fillmore-February 1969 (2000)

Bob Dylan-New Morning (1970)

Various Artists-Mojo Presents The Roots of Bob Dylan (2006)