The Grifters-Corolla Hoist b/w Thumbnail Sketch (1992)

Artist: The Grifters

Title: Corolla Hoist b/w Thumbnail Sketch

Label: Shangri-La Records

Format: 7"

Cat #:003

Year of Release: 1992

Country and Year of Edition Issue: US 1992 2,000 pressing

Listed Condition: VG+/VG+

Sell Date: 4/2/21

Sell Price: $3.49

Discogs Last Sold: 2/12/21 $1.99

Low: $1.00

Median: $2.48

Average: $2.51

High: $4.6

Current low price: $0.89

Current Number on Sale at Discogs: 20

Have/Want: 271/19

Where Sold: Cincinnati, OH

Time it took to sell: 6 years

Where and When Bought: NYC Venus St. Marks $3.99 range

Gwiz-gau Letter Grade: A-

Sad To See It Go: No

This was a good Grifters single, one that both sides were memorable for me nearly 30 years later, which wasn't always the case with this bands discography. Nameless, even more faceless than Pavement, yet consistent in general in quality "indie rock" as it was defined in 1992.

That I have so little to say about this band that for a good part of the 90's I deemed every release an essential purchase may say something.  They were a "scene" band, and one that each release always made the cut for my radio shows for at least 4 weeks wherever I was.  With a slow sales week I'm going back on some things I didn't write about before I do this weeks storage run of newer sales to listen to.  This was probably the better single compared with the last one I wrote about that sold in the same order.

I'm sure I saw them at the Middle East Upstairs in Cambridge around 1992 and I think CBGB's.  Double checking setlist.fm, they indeed played there in 1994 and the Westbeth Theatre the year after that which I may or may not have attended.  

I'm grasping here, so I docked this borderline A record a notch.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Byrds-Live At The Fillmore-February 1969 (2000)

Bob Dylan-New Morning (1970)

Various Artists-Mojo Presents The Roots of Bob Dylan (2006)