Various Artists-Sounds Blasts! EP3 (1989)


 

Artist: Various Artists (The Perfect Disaster, Mega City Four,, Cerebral Fix, Killdozer, Pussy Galore)

Title: Sounds Blast! EP3

Label: Sounds

Format: 7"

Cat #: Sounds Blast! 3

Year of Release: 1989

Country and Year of Edition Issue: UK 1989

Listed Condition:VG+/VG+

Sell Date: 5/4/21

Sell Price: $3.49

Discogs Last Sold: 3/31/21

Low: $0.70

Median: $1.61

Average: $1.81

High: $3.66

Current low price: $.0.50

Current Number on Sale at Discogs: 148

Have/Want: 943/53

Where Sold: Franklin Sq., NY

Time it took to sell: 6 years

Where and When Bought: came with issue of Sounds, guessing Newbury Comics or Tower Boston

Gwiz-gau Letter Grade: B+

Sad To See It Go: No

In looking for the most recent sales to write about on for my birthday edition, I chose this because of the Killdozer/Pussy Galore side.  I witnessed one of the final Pussy Galore gigs at a short lived lesbian bar called Ground Zero on Mass Ave in Central Square Cambridge.  The band at the time was I thought  a trio by that point but history says Spencer/Haggerty/Wolf/Bert,so maybe it was 4 after all.  This was a hit from that record, and I think Sounds issued this before Dial M came out.

Killdozer was a radio regular.  I got to the Rat late when they played there the year before and saw a final scream and feedback.  I'm sure I saw them sometime or few after that, but this 90 seconds stands out in my brain.

Of the 3 other bands, The Perfect Disaster had a release on Fire I liked, Mega City Four I perhaps had a single, Cerebral Fix was ignored UK thrash.  Even ignored on this single and this track remains unstreamable even as their albums are up.

Not bad for free.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Various Artists-Mojo Presents The Roots of Bob Dylan (2006)

Deep Purple-Stormbringer (1974)

The Bob Seger System-Ramblin' Gamblin' Man (1968)