Rocket From The Crypt-Live From Camp X-Ray (2002)


 

Artist: Rocket From The Crypt

Title: Live From Camp X-Ray

Label: Vagrant Records

Format: CD

Cat #: VR377

Year of Release: 2002

Country and Year of Edition Issue: US 2002 Digipak

Listed Condition: VG+/VG mark over barcode

Sell Date: 4/13/21

Sell Price: $3.99

Discogs Last Sold: 1/9/21 VG+/VG+ $2.00

Low: $2.00

Median: $3.30

Average: $3.53

High: $9.00

Current low price: $2.90

Current Number on Sale at Discogs: 16

Have/Want: 252/22

Where Sold: Brooklyn, NY

Time it took to sell: 10 years

Where and When Bought: half.com used early aughts around the time it came out

Gwiz-gau Letter Grade: B+

Sad To See It Go: No

When this came out I thought it was a bit of a comeback for RFTC.  Circa: Now was their A record for me, everything else was either too slick, like their major label output or too raw like the Hot Charity comp and the surrounding singles.  I prefer John Reis straight up the middle.

The two standout tracks then and now are "Dumb, Blind and Horny" and "Too Many Balls."  It must be noted that I listener to Reis' prior band Pitchfork constantly in the early 90's, and played Paint As A Fragrance on the radio many times when it was new, but their sweet spot for me was 1992-1995 as far as a live band that I cared about seeing even out of town.  Circa: Now had big impact in my first NYC household on 12th between 1st and 2nd in 1992-3.  I guess by 2002, Live From Camp X-Ray was a revival of sorts even through 2008 had the live RIP album that I managed to ignore completely.

A swan song straight up the middle.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Various Artists-Mojo Presents The Roots of Bob Dylan (2006)

Deep Purple-Stormbringer (1974)

The Bob Seger System-Ramblin' Gamblin' Man (1968)