Pavement-Brighten The Corners (1997)


 

Artist: Pavement

Title: Brighten The Corners

Label: Matador/Capitol

Format: CD

Cat #: OLE 197-2

Year of Release: 1997

Country and Year of Edition Issue: US 1997

Listed Condition: VG+/VG+

Sell Date: 4/2/21

Sell Price: $3.49

Discogs Last Sold: 2/7/21 $1.29 VG/VG

Low: $1.00

Median: $3.00

Average: $2.83

High: $4.99

Current low price: $3.00

Current Number on Sale at Discogs: 18

Have/Want: 767/92

Where Sold: Cincinnati, OH

Time it took to sell: 10 years

Where and When Bought: given in a stack of discarded cds

Gwiz-gau Letter Grade: B+

Sad To See It Go: No

This album was on the East Village Marz Bar jukebox in the late 90's only to be replaced by the first Malkmus solo album.  At the time I deemed it "return to form" over Wowie Zowie but probably gave it less listens at home.  Marz,  or the corresponding EP's I bought, made "Stereo" and "Shady Lane" hits for me. 

I noted that the rest of the album was unfamiliar before it kicked into my favorite "We Are Underused"  about 3/4 into the release.   Before that it seemed "Embassy Row" got some jukebox time as did "Starlings of the Slipstream."  Funny how I have to look up most Pavement  titles.

At one point I had two copies of this on my cd shelf in storage.  One I bought new right when it came out, and one given in a stack of throwaways with a big $8.97 used sticker.  That it doesn't even get half that nowadays is partially because of the double CD reissue version, but there are some people out there that need a copy of the original album.  On CD even!

Now I have none, just a rip on the hard drive.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Various Artists-Mojo Presents The Roots of Bob Dylan (2006)

Deep Purple-Stormbringer (1974)

The Bob Seger System-Ramblin' Gamblin' Man (1968)