Don McLean-American Pie (1971)


 

Artist: Don McLean

Title: American Pie

Label: United Artists

Format: LP

Cat #: UAS 5535

Year of Release: 1971

Country and Year of Edition Issue:  US 1971 The Rainbow Collection

Listed Condition: VG/G sleeve totally separated

Sell Date: 3/11/21

Sell Price: $4.99

Discogs Last Sold: 2/9/21 $3.52 

Low: $2.00

Median: $4.99

Average: $5.53

High:  $15.00 VG+/VG

Current low price: $1.18

Current Number on Sale at Discogs: 42

Have/Want: 4050/320

Where Sold:  Pueblo, CO

Time it took to sell: 6 years

Where and When Bought: dollar bin Worcester, MA early 80's That's Entertainment

Gwiz-gau Letter Grade: D+

Sad To See It Go: No

I sat on this thinking I was going to review this for my mother's birthday, but I decided to hold off for a better tribute.  I do remember my painter mom liked the song "Vincent" quite a bit.  She described the song to me before I ever heard it.

Of course the title track ode to Buddy Holly, in it's 8 plus minute, 2 sided splendor, was unavoidable.  For the many million times I've heard it, I'm still indifferent to the Teenage Broncin’' Buck as well as the Jester and everyone else in the song. 

The rest of the album upon review, was sub-John Denver MOR-land.  I got through it all the way through and I'm very proud of that fact, but I can neither comment nor praise anything I heard.

I bought this album in a dollar bin to complete my number one Billboard album collection.  American Pie is one of the dollar bin standards.  Don's painted thumb shines among ring worn covers in musty boxes across the nation.  It’s worth to me has always been nominal.

Killdozer possibly felt differently.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Deep Purple-Stormbringer (1974)

The Bob Seger System-Ramblin' Gamblin' Man (1968)

Family of God-Family of God (1996)