Melody Dog-Futuristic Lover (1991)



Artist: Melody Dog

Title: Futuristic Lover b/w Tomorrow's World/Sun Drenched Beach In Acapulco

Label: K

Format: 7"

Cat #: IPU 23

Year of Release: 1991

Country and Year of Edition Issue: US 1991

Listed Condition: VG+/VG+

Sell Date: 3/7/22

Sell Price:$7.99

Discogs Last Sold:2/15/22 $6.09

Low: $2.99

Median: $7.99

Average: $8.18

High: $26.09

Current low price:$8.18

Current Number on Sale at Discogs:5

Have/Want: 256/84

Where Sold: San Francisco, CA

Time it took to sell: 7 years

Where and When Bought: Boston Newbury Comics early 90's $3.99 sticker still on it

Gwiz-gau Letter Grade: D-

Sad To See It Go: No

I have nothing against a slop-fest, but listening to this I felt Melody Dog put a slop fest in my twee-pop.  Normally I'm of the mind a little 4-track banging around never hurt anybody and bought plenty of that type of stuff in the era.

I really don't remember buying this, maybe because it was on K or maybe because it looked like it could be some adorable twee pop.  Melody Dog may very well be adorable, but they also sound like they plugged in their pedals straight out of the box.  Again, that's fine but maybe a couple more months to learn to apply them would suit them.  

After going to the cheat sheet, I see Seminal Twang put out a record after this, so what do I know.  Katrina Mitchell made it into The Pastels, Pat Laureate did not.  Since I liked the Pastels quite a bit at the time, maybe that's why I bought this.

I'd rather think I never knew and dislike this record on it's own merits.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Byrds-Live At The Fillmore-February 1969 (2000)

Bob Dylan-New Morning (1970)

Various Artists-Mojo Presents The Roots of Bob Dylan (2006)