Joe Jackson-I'm The Man (1979)
Artist: Joe Jackson
Catalog Number: SP 4794
Year of Release: 1978
Country and Year of Edition: US 1979 Santa Maria Pressing
Sell Price: $6.86
Sell Date: 10/4/24
Condition: VG+/VG+
Discogs Last Sold 9/524 G+/VG $2.00
Low: $2.00
Median: $5.45
Average: $6.95
High: $19.99
Current low price: $0.89
Current Number on Sale at Discogs: 22
Have/Want: 423/66
Where Sold: White Cloud, MI
Time It Took To Sell: 1 year 8 months
Where and When Bought: facebook $4 lp lot
Gwiz-gau Letter Grade: A
Sad To See It Go: No
The Pinch Point editor hepped me to this Joe Jackson album I ignored completely around 15 years ago. He was spot on and it probably beats Look Sharp! which I got in a $5 box of sub grade records in the early 80's. I liked that record alot but disliked the Night and Day singles so much, I essentially ignored everything else. My loss even though I did also recently get Night and Day as well as the Mike's Murder Soundtrack.
This particular album that is great pretty much start to finish. The radio hit I remember was "Friday" that closes out the album, but really everything here is just as good as whatever Elvis Costello put out in the same time period. Joe also has a radio "protest" song that kicks off the record. "On The Radio" wasn't a hit but it was the song going through my head from the spin a couple days ago. My other favorites are the title track and "Get That Girl" reminds me of the other side of "The Kids Are Alright" coin.
Oddly enough, "Friday" was never a single. "It's Different For Girls" and "I'm The Man" were both 7" A-sides worldwide and "Kinda Krule" was a single in Europe and Canada but not the US.
You could only hope to hear them on the radio.

Comments
Post a Comment